Erectile Dysfunction: One Of Every 10 Men Suffer From ED
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get an erection for sexual intercourse.
Stress and anxiety are the common causes of ED in most cases. Many people get stressed during times, so many experience ED at a stage in their life.
But, if it becomes frequent, it may be a symptom or sign of a severe health condition. Therefore, you have to see a doctor.
It sometimes can be a sign of emotional imbalance or relationship difficulties.
What are the erectile dysfunction symptoms?
The problem of an erection and difficulty keeping an erection during sexual intercourse is the most common symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
Other sexual conditions related to Erectile Dysfunction include:
- Delayed ejaculation
- Premature ejaculation
Speak with a doctor or consultant if you have any of these signs or symptoms.
Erectile dysfunction causes:
There are many causes of ED, and they may include emotional and physical conditions such as:
- High cholesterol
- Increased age
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure
- Low testosterone
- Kidney disease
- Drug use
- Depression, stress, and anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Much alcohol
- Tobacco products
- Peyronie’s disease
Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis:
Physicians diagnose ED and recommend a treatment. If you have any chronic health conditions or diseases, you may need more tests or a consultation with a specialist or an andrologist.
Tests for underlying conditions might include:
- Blood tests: They may take a sample of your blood and send it to a lab to check for signs or symptoms of diabetes, heart disease, low testosterone levels, and other health disorders.
- Physical exam: This is a medical examination of the penis and scrotum/testicles and examines the nervous system.
- Urine tests: check for any signs of diabetes and other health conditions.
- Psychological exam: It is necessary to visit a psychiatrist who may ask questions to know if you are depressed or stressed and if there are other psychological causes of erectile dysfunction.
- Regular exercise
- A healthy diet
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Sleep well
- If you smoke, you have to quit
- Moderation Alcohol use
- Manage medical conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Meet a psychiatrist to discuss your concerns.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment:
Treatment for ED relies on the cause. You may need physical treatments or talk to a psychiatrist.
A physician may prescribe medication to help to manage and control the symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction. The following oral medications boost blood flow to the penis to help treat ED:
- vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
- sildenafil (Viagra)
- avanafil (Stendra)
- tadalafil (Cialis)
A physician may recommend testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if you have low levels of testosterone. And there are many methods and ways to treat ED according to the case and the causes.