About stroke, the No. 5 cause of death in the US
According to the American Stroke Association, A stroke is the no. 2 cause of death worldwide and the no. 5 in the USA. It is important to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
It occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is reduced, preventing brain tissue from getting oxygen. Therefore, brain cells begin to die in minutes.
Symptoms of Stroke:
Signs and symptoms appear during the first hours, and recognizing the symptoms raises their survival chance, including:
- Numbness of the face, arm, or leg.
- A sudden headache.
- Trouble speaking.
- Feeling of heaviness.
- Problems seeing in one or both eyes.
- Trouble walking.
- Hypertension (High blood pressure).
- Hyperglycemia (high levels of sugar, or glucose, in the blood).
There are some causes that lead to a stroke, including:
- The main cause is blood vessels rupture.
- Heart diseases may cause a stroke, such as valvular heart disease and irregular heartbeats.
- Stress such as anxiety and fearness.
- Drug abuse in particular heroin addiction.
- Obesity and overweight.
- Smoking, because nicotine raises blood pressure and cigarette smoke causes fat accumulation in carotid arteries (Major arteries of the head and neck).
- Family inheritance from a relative in the family.
- Diabetes and high levels of cholesterol.
Diagnosis of a stroke:
When you feel any of the symptoms, you should go to the hospital as soon as possible, to do an MRI scan. Because It is the best avenue to detect a stroke in the first hours. But the CT scan does not help to identify until 48 hours after its occurrence.
These are the most important tips you can take to diminish risk :
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Regular workout.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- If you smoke, quit.
- Keep your blood pressure levels in the normal range.
- Stabilize insulin and blood sugar levels.
- Treating heart disease and please do not underestimate.
CliniDo wishes you a life full of health and happiness!